- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Summary of notifiable diseases—United States, 2013. MMWR. 2015;62(53):1-119.
- MacNeil J, Cohn A. Meningococcal disease. In: Roush SW, Baldy LM, eds. Manual for the Surveillance of Vaccine-Preventable Diseases. Atlanta, GA: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; 2011. www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/surv-manual/chpt08-mening.pdf. Accessed April 26, 2016.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Prevention and control of meningococcal disease: recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP). MMWR. 2013;62(RR-2):1-32.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Serogroup B meningococcal vaccine & outbreaks. www.cdc.gov/meningococcal/outbreaks/vaccine-serogroupb.html. Accessed July 6, 2015.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Active bacterial core surveillance report, emerging infections program network, Neisseria meningitidis, provisional 2014. www.cdc.gov/abcs/reports-findings/survreports/mening14.pdf. Accessed April 26, 2016.
- Thompson MJ, Ninis N, Perera R, et al. Clinical recognition of meningococcal disease in children and adolescents. Lancet. 2006;367(9508):397-403.
- de Greeff SC, de Melker HE, Schouls LM, Spanjaard L, van Deuren M. Pre-admission clinical course of meningococcal disease and opportunities for the earlier start of appropriate intervention: a prospective epidemiological study on 752 patients in the Netherlands, 2003–2005. Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis. 2008;27:985-992.
- Prescribing Information for BEXSERO.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Use of Serogroup B Meningococcal Vaccines in Persons Aged ≥10 Years at Increased Risk for Serogroup B Meningococcal Disease: Recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices, 2015. MMWR. 2015;64(22):608-612.